20.12.07

Pre-Christmas MANIA

I really should be locked up until Christmas is over and done with. But since being committed would mean no more truffles or holiday moonshine, I am instead going to post a little song from the Futurama series' Xmas episode. This little depiction of Santa's workshop helped me get out of the nasty spirit this season. Enjoy, before I get a cease and desist order from Fox. I've tacked on the lyrics for your convenience. I strongly suggest you click on the link for some oddball listening pleasure.

here.

Elves:
We are free and fairly sober with so many toys to build.
The machines are kind of tricky. Probably someone will be killed.
But we'll gladly work for nothing.
Fry:
Which is good because we don't intend to pay.
Elves:
The elves are back to work today. Hooray!
Elves:
We have just a couple hours to make several billion gifts.
And the labor isn't easy.
Leela:
And you'll all work triple shifts!
You can make the job go quicker if you turn up the controls to super speed.
Elves:
It's back to work on Xmas Eve! Hooray!
Leela:
And though you're cold and sore and ugly,
Your pride will mask the pain.
Fry:
Let my happy smile warm your heart.
Elf:
There's a toy lodged in my brain!
Elves:
We are getting very tired and we can't work any faster
And we're very, very sorry.
Bender:
Why, you selfish little bastards!
Do you want the kids to think that Santa's just a crummy empty-handed jerk? Then shut your yaps and back to work!
Elves:
Now it's very nearly Xmas and we've done the best we could.
Fry:
These toy soldiers are poorly painted.
Leela:
And they're made from inferior wood!
Bender:
I should give you all a beating but I've really gotta fly.
Robot Santa:
If I weren't stuck here frozen, I'd harpoon you in the eye.
Elves:
Now it's back into our tenements to drown ourselves in rye.
Leela:
You did the best you could, I guess, it's not that these gorillas are okay.
Elves:
They're adequate! Hooray!
The elves have rescued Xmas Day! Hooray!

Courtesy of the fansite Can't Get Enough Futurama.

So, Merry Freakin' Xmas, everyone! I think I see three ghosts approaching!

1 comment:

Doorman-Priest said...

I have deliberately kept myself out of the pseudo Krismas spirit until last night when the Leeds Philharmonic Chorus took part in the Lord Mayor's carol concert in the Town Hall. This is when Christmas begins for me.

(And to be described as "the jewel in the crown of the city's cultural life"; well what more could a singer want?)